“From the Heart” teaching by Drs. Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne.
Foundation Scriptures: John 14:16-19; John 14:26; John 15:26; John 16:7-14
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. Indwelling of the Father and the Son 19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. John 14:16-19 NKJV
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 14:26 NKJV
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26 NKJV
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. John 16:7-15 NKJV
• The Personality of the Holy Spirit:
• He convicts of sin – John 16:8
• He teaches – John 14:26
• He only speaks about Jesus – John 15:26
• He guides – John 16:13; Romans 8:14
• He comforts – Acts 9:31
• He helps our infirmities – Romans 8:26
• He searches the deep things of God – 1 Corinthians 2:10
• Omnipresent – everywhere – Psalms 137:7-16
• Omnipotent – all powerful – Luke 1:37
• Omniscient – knows all – 1 Corinthians 2:10
• The Names of the Holy Spirit:
The Spirit of God; the Spirit of Jehovah; the Spirit of Lord Jehovah; the Spirit of the Living God; the Spirit of the Holy God; the Spirit of Jesus Christ; the Spirit of His Son; the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit and Fire; the Holy Spirit of Promise; the Spirit of Holiness; the Spirit of Truth; the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding; the Spirit of Counsel and Might; the Spirit of Knowledge and Fear of the Lord; the Spirit of Power, Love and a Sound Mind; the Spirit of Life; the Oil of Gladness; the Spirit of Grace; the Spirit of Grace and Supplication; the Spirit of Glory; the Spirit of Adoption; the Eternal Spirit; the Comforter; the Promise of the Father.
• The Holy Spirit is a Perfect Gentleman.
• Matthew 3:16-17 NKJV – When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
• Gentleness; tenderness; lowliness; innocence; mildness; peace; purity; patience.
• Not religious; does not bring heaviness; brings liberty; does not bring bondage.
• 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NKJV – Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
• Galatians 5:1-2 NKJV – Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
• He does not condemn, but He convicts. (John 16:8)
• He is love. (1 John 4:8&16)
• The Symbols of the Holy Spirit:
• Dove – gentleness
• Fire – purging
• Wind – refreshing; energizing
• Water – thirst quenching
• Oil – lubrication and fueling
• Wine – new wine; celebration