MY ABSOLUTES—THE THINGS I CANNOT COMPROMISE
THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
Foundation Scriptures: John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 10:30
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1-2 NKJV
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58 NKJV
I and the Father are One. John 10:30 AMP
Rodney Howard Browne discusses His Virgin Birth.
- Isaiah 7:14 AMP—Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [God with us].
- Luke 1:26-38—The angel visits Mary
- Matthew 1:18-23—The angel comes to Joseph in a dream: Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
Rodney Howard Browne discusses His Sinless Life.
- Isaiah 53:9 AMP—And they assigned Him a grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in His death, although He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in His mouth.
- 1 John 3:5 NKJV—And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
- Hebrews 7:26-28—Jesus, our perfect High Priest.
- 1 Peter 2:22 AMP—He was guilty of no sin, neither was deceit (guile) ever found on His lips.
Rodney Howard Browne teaches about His Miracles.
- Acts 2:22 AMP—You men of Israel, listen to what I have to say: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man accredited and pointed out and shown forth and commended and attested to you by God by the mighty works and [the power of performing] wonders and signs which God worked through Him [right] in your midst, as you yourselves know.
- Acts 10:38 KJV—How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- John 2:11
- John 2:23
- John 3:1-2
- John 11:47
- John 20:30-31 NKJV—And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
His Substitutionary Work at the Cross.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV—For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Hebrews 9:28a NKJV—So Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.
- 1 Peter 2:24a NKJV—Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness.
- 1 John 2:2 NKJV—And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
- 1 John 4:10 NKJV—In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- Propitiation: an atonement; to render favorable; favorable, gracious, kind. The earliest recorded form of the word is propitiatorium: the mercy seat, place of atonement.
- Colossians 1:22 AMP—Yet now has [Christ, the Messiah] reconciled [you to God] in the body of His flesh through death, in order to present you holy and faultless and irreproachable in His [the Father’s] presence.
- Hebrews 2:17 NKJV—Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
- Romans 4:24b-25—Jesus—betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and raised to secure our justification.
- 2 Timothy 2:11 AMP—The saying is sure and worthy of confidence: If we have died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
- Colossians 1:13-14 NKJV—He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- Revelation 1:5-6—Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood.
His Bodily Resurrection from the Dead.
- Matthew 28:5-6 NKJV—But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. Luke 24:36-43—Jesus shows Himself alive to His disciples after the resurrection.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4—He was buried, and rose again the third day.
- Acts 2:23-28—God raised Jesus from the dead, because it was not possible for death to hold Him.
His Exaltation to the Right Hand of God.
- Acts 1:9-11—This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
- Acts 2:32-36—Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God.
- Hebrews 1:1-3—Jesus appointed Heir of all things.
- Philippians 2:9-11 NKJV—Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.